Pilgrims, Indians, puppets, and Lots of food


Friday night was AMAZING! 

Our Children's Ministry team decided that this fall we were going to try and show the kids what the first Thanksgiving was like. All the teachers and helpers who were able to come dressed up! 

We told the story through puppets, showed them authentic toys, and even had a reactments of the prayer over the food. We had Teepees, fake fire, make your own butter... Just look at the fun! 

This is a total photo dump :) Thank you to the photographer.. My lovely grandmother! :)

O and her buddy playing the teepee! Aren't they adorable?
Yummy food!!
This was the table. It was set up on the floor. Research showed that it was unlikely that they had tables to sit at. 


The puppets
The puppeteers! "And their pilgrim friend completed them"
E and M giving bye hugs and kisses!
Me, O , and E... my Grandma made their outfits! Aren't they adorable? 

Pastor Chief Ken (smile)

My dear friend (and fellow pilgrim) Teresa and I

Table of toys that were played by the children during this time period and books for the kids to read

The pilgrim and her futurist hubby (He had to work and didn't get to dress up... but wait until next time)

This teepee was for the kids to draw and decorate!

It was such a fun night!

Saturday was O's birthday party for our side of the family and she HAD to go to Chuck E. Cheese... But I'll save THAT photo dump for tomorrow :)

Have a great Monday!


Comments

  1. Thanks to all that went out of their way to make this a success! Great memories for the kids and grown ups!
    Yes, and I took the photo's and your welcome Lauren!
    Great puppet show dear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...