Define

Everyone of us has a past...

The past molds us to who we are.

This could be bad or good.

We allow some things to dictate everything we do. I've seen this come in many forms.

Fear
Guilt
Shame
humbleness
Compassion
Awareness
Pride
Anger
low-self esteem
lack of self-efficacy 
poor judge of character
bad relationships
bad choices
over eating
starving
addictions
bitterness

Some of these are good some... not so much.... well the majority I've listed are from a nagetive point of view.

 I read a quote today from a devotional posted by a friend

"Your past is not your past if its effecting your present"

This made me think.

All of our past effect us in some way... But I think the person saying this was trying to make the point of you must not let your past effect your every move and define us. It molds us and we learn from our past.

But how much of our negative experiences and pain do we carry with us all the time. What kind of burden are we carrying around?

Jesus says in Matthew to cast our burden on him... It says in Romans 6 that we are newly made in Christ. We are not the labels that people gave us, we are not our bad choices, we are not our pain...

We can not let our past and pain DEFINE us...

I'm always transparent here... and do you know what? 

My WEIGHT does not DEFINE me
My INFERTILITY does not DEFINE me
My MISCARRIAGE does not DEFINE me
My ANXIETY does not DEFINE me

God makes all things new... even though each of these are apart of my life... I'm only defined as a new creation in Christ.. A daughter to the King of Kings!


So be encouraged! And share  What does NOT define you?  You can even let me know in a private message. I want to pray for you :)


Comments

  1. I love your honesty, your willingness to "open up," and especially your desire to help others. I have a feeling God is going to do great things through you, and I'm blessed to have a front seat view of it all. As someone who's struggled time and again with past mistakes and a really low self-image, I thank God that we are new creations and daughters of the KING!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...