Thoughtful Thursday: Modifiche

Modifiche: (French) Adjust, alteration



 "My Life", in reality its not mine at all. When I accepted Jesus at the young age of 3, he captivated me. Through the years of growing, learning, and failing HE had never left me. Over the last few months there have been some modifications. I want to share from my heart. Which is maybe why I haven't wrote that much. With so much going on I tend to run away from the confronting and dealing with "heavy" stuff. Remember the "Pushdownism" chick here (If your thinking what in the world is that read about it here)!! First my grandfather was in the hospital, and the thought of losing him takes the breath right out of me. I'm really close to my maternal grandparents. They are pillars in my life. Not having them would be extremely difficult, I know the day will come, but the longer the Lord tarry's with that the better :) && don't be surprised if you see my blog title change =) 


Getting back on track...


I read this great article yesterday, What does it mean to be a Christian?, 


It was a great read, and it kind of went along with some of the things I've been experiencing in my spirit. Here is the definition he gives for a Christian:


"What does it mean, then, to be a Christian? Christianity is Christ! A Christian is one in whom Jesus Christ lives by His Spirit, and one who allows the life and character of Jesus Christ to be lived out through his behavior, in order to function as intended to the glory of God" -J. Fowler


Think about that. We can look at this definition and say oh yeah thats me. Really? It is truly? Think about your actions, words, motives? How about your priorities? We are quick to say that we are 'good', but truly we aren't. Our natural flesh is born to have a sinful nature. When Christ died he rescued us from the death of our souls, Sheol. I find it interesting that in the Old Testament they didn't believe in an afterlife. They believe in Sheol.


Sheol: The Hebrew underworld, abode of the dead


It was where the dead were. JESUS saved us from that. He gave us eternal life by dying for us. I look at my life and I wonder if Christ coming through my behavior? Or am I operation on a selfish behavior. Do I truly make time to do HIS work? 


Jesus died so that humanity would be able to return to what we were created for, to do everything so that HE may get GLORY. John 10:10 , "The Thief (satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly"


How do we make these changes? We get into HIS presence. We sit with God John 15:7-11, We read his word John 1:1, worship him Phillipians 2:9-10, congregate with other believers Hebrews 10:25, we sit and LISTEN. To be truly in his presence is something I'm learning more about. 


Let's look at the scripture that says in Ephesians 2:1-6

"1-6It wasn't so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn't know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted unbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. We all did it, all of us doing what we felt like doing, when we felt like doing it, all of us in the same boat. It's a wonder God didn't lose his temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, he embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on his own, with no help from us! Then he picked us up and set us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus, our Messiah." (The Message Bible) 


Jesus SAVED us from all that. What breaks my heart is so many of walk right past him everyday and not even realize he is standing there waiting for us to finally say "Not my will Lord, BUT yours be done" , to have a RELATIONSHIP


If I, as Josh's bride ignored him everyday - not concerning myself with him at all our marriage would fail. Its the same with humanity, We are God's bride - how can we be pleasing to God and be a CHRISTian and not have a relationship? 


I'm saying all these things to not be preachy, but my intent is just to make us think. And maybe make some changes. I know I am. This is what has been on my heart... & I thank God for his Grace and Mercy to keep teaching me and helping me learn... picking my up even when I fail. I don't have all the answers but I know he does!


I want to know him more. I want to be the woman of God he created me to be!


And just for a good laugh here is a funny  joke from my Grandma! 


The son knew that before dinner you must pray over your food. 
One day he and his mom went to Grandmas. 
Grandma set out dinner and the boy started eating. 
The mom stopped him. Scolded him.
Mom- "You know we pray before we eat dinner"
Boy- "Mom, not at Grandma's, her food is good!!"


=) Happy Blogging!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...