Unexpected

Life is full of things you can never prepare for.

We all make plans, goals, dream about the future...

In reality, we do not know what is going to happen tomorrow or in the next moment.

When the enemy drags us down and keep us in the dark places of bitterness, anger, discontent, depression, grief, negativity... we miss out.

We miss out on laughs and good times because we are so consumed with our junk. Do we really want to live like that?

I do not.

But have you ever noticed how easy it is to get to that place and stay there? How it is so hard to get back that happiness? Ever sat down and thought about that?

Maybe I am a different breed (smile) but I think a lot. I'm super aware of my decisions and emotions. Most of the time that is not a bad thing, but when I allow myself to get in those previous mentioned dark places it is certainly NOT a good thing.

There has been so many words of wisdom I've heard over the weekend.  Through other women and through the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart.

Some I like list  and bullet points. It is always my go to when I need to sort things out.

So here are some things I've realized over the weekend and what I'm holding onto through this stressful season.
  • When I'm feeling so down, depressed, overwhelmed - I need to ask myself how much scripture have I read? How much am I talking with God? Our bibles are full of living word. 
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." 
Scripture DOES all of this! It also shines light into my soul!
Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path."
  • In these times of uncertainty and feeling a little forgotten by God (he never leaves us or forsakes us Joshua 1:9). This is where our faith comes in. Faith is not seeing. We must hold onto his word and promises. Trusting him with our lives. 
2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 5:7 "For we walk by faith not by sight"
  • Lifelines- I went to a women's meeting over the weekend. The theme was lifelines. When you think of a lifeline what is the image that pops into your head? This is what pops in mine now---->
We have people in our lives who love us. We have people who are in our community that will help us. Sometimes we get so caught in being that lifeline for people (I'M GUILTY) we forget to reach out. Some of us have this thing imbedded in us to help EVERYONE, be there, be encouraging, be strong... but sometimes we need the encouragement, the hug, the prayers. The enemy does want to see us reaching out to our peers for help in prayer. Because guess what? There is power in numbers and there is power in prayer!



 Matthew 18:19-20 "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."
Hebrews 10:23-24 "and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near."
Here is a great LINK to more scripture about prayers!! 

I know this is lengthy but I felt I needed to share this. Be encouraged!! The things we facing are only for a season, and with each step God is with us! We are victors through Christ!

Love, 
Aunt LaLa



Comments

  1. Yes, so true! I didn't expect the longer than usual dentist procedure! I didn't expect this pain! Love you right more later

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very true. Thank you for posting this. I needed the reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

We are having a...