Thursday, September 19, 2013

Italian Romance




I've been doing this fabulous devotional that I cannot wait to share with you all. 


It has challenged me as being a wife for sure. I decided that I wanted to show my husband extravagantly love. I work hard to love like Christ would, but sometimes I think as wives we forget our marriages are to be examples of the love of the church and God. 

I was just really inspired to do something for my Josh.... 

An Italian Romantic Dinner. 

Now, I'm not a Paula Deen, Emeril Lagasse, and others... 

I do have some awesome recipes passed to me and I can be inventive :)

I decided to make:
"Poppie's Italian Chicken" 
Cheddar garlic biscuits
Italian salad

I created the "ambiance" 
Josh took this one. I forgot to take one of the table with food or before! LOL 
Poppie's Italian Chicken
  • 1 cup of miracle whip
  • 1  bottle of Italian Dressing
  • 4 Frozen Chicken breast ( I used 3 this particular night)
  • Marinate chicken in 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing (I marinated the chicken while we were at work)
  • mix miracle whip and other half of bottle of dressing into a bowl. 
  • Heat oven to 425
  • Remove chicken from marinade. Place in a deep pan. Pour mix over chicken.
  • Cook chicken until desired crispiness. 











Italian Salad
  • Lettuce
  • Parmesan  cheese
  • cucumbers
  • Italian dressing
  • onions
  • Whatever vegtables you like- tomatoes, olives, ect. 





 Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
  • Buy cheddar garlic biscuit mix and cook accordingly :) Hard right?? LOL










To finish off the dinner I turned on some Love songs :) 

Josh was so surprised, and he felt so loved. He just kept telling me how much he appretiated it. We even fit a slow dance in there, it was a beautiful date night just us at home. 

Investing in our spouses is worth the effort and time. Do something today to make your spouse feel loved!  

Love Aunt LaLa 

** Dont forget about the giveaway that ends on the 30th! Click here Happy Wives Club

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! The chicken sounds like something Gramps would like. How often you going to do this? Once a month? Love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always such a sweet and loving wife from what I can tell, and I know Josh must feel very loved. I remember in our earlier days of marriage, I did a better job doing little things like this (although I was never a great cook). I really need to make a romantic dinner for my hubby again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!