I am a dinosaur

I am not one of them.

That was my thought as I sat a Panera.

I chuckled to myself thinking it was not that long ago that I was giggly and a little less scared by life.

When you talk to, or watch people alot younger than you, I would imagine this at any age, you take notice in the things that are different.

I know it may sound dramatic...but isn't that what writing is anyway. A little drama goes a long way... it drags the reader in... captivates them by what will happen next.

People watching probably is one of my favorite things to do. At this point I feel like I am more wired this way naturally. '

Noticing what people are doing or not doing...what their body language is tends to register in my mind. I notice small things. Tones. Looks. Subtle reactions.

My intuition is usually on point.

So I notice when things change.

My roll in life has changed.

I am in my early thirties, in my mind I am still the awkward girl who trips over her own feet right in front of the boy she had a crush on, not to mention the 50 people at business she was at (True story)

In my own mind, I'm still learning and growing. I DO NOT HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

That my friends, I know is a sign I've reached maturity.

I love the scripture in Ecclesiastes 3 that talks about the seasons of life.

It is really one of my favorites.

For a couple of reasons, it reminds me that nothing last forever, especially when a seasons is particularly hard...it reminds me God sees me in every circumstance/season

It is a natural part of life to move on, to grow. Sometimes people are only in your life for a season.

Lately it has become really apparent how old I am.

I realize I am only in my early thirties, but it a very different season in my life.

My parents are getting older, and have had a few healthy scares in the last couple years that have me wishing for time to slow down. My niece and nephews are getting older

I will have a four year old in September (That's breaking my heart a little)

Sometime its "Momma" not "Mommy"

He wants to do things himself.

I'm going to be a mom of two very soon (7 weeks left!)

My husband is close to forty.

It is just a different season...

I am trying to embrace it, but sometimes it is lonely.

I have a great support system.

Being a mommy to young children sometimes is lonely. Because your busy, exhausted, and you have children who need you... not to mention the hubby. So you cannot just go out on a girls night... and sometimes no one ask...  Sometimes your in a different season of your other friends

In this season (and all seasons) God uses it. He will teach me something. Sometimes it maybe I need to be alone in his presence.

I lost a sweet friend recently and suddenly (you can read about that HERE) and it reminded me that we are not here forever, not promised tomorrow.

So even though this season can seem uncomfortable... I'm embracing it. Life is just getting more exciting. A new baby and a four year old!

I am older now and feeling it... But I am thankful and blessed dinosaur. Smile.

All my love,

Aunt LaLa

Comments

  1. If you are a dinosaur, I am older than dirt. haha ! Life changes and sometimes changes very fast, and even in a split second! I have always said, "God gives us choices, both good and bad decisions has good and bad consequences." So that is saying "our" choices, but remember "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference." An old prayer but a great one! Love you, grams

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

We are having a...

My lips are sealed

Liebster Award