There is a time to mourn...

My heart broke recently when I found out a dear friend passed away.

She was in her early fifties. Fifties. This makes me so sad.

Her funeral was one of the hardest I've ever been to, and unfortunately I've been to so many.

When I was pregnant with E, I lost a dear friend. He was such a character and I enjoyed talking and laughing with him.

And now I've lost another friend as a life is growing in me.

Life is full of different seasons and one of those seasons is mourning.

My heart hurts for her mother and father....and her son who is just twenty.

I met my friend V almost nine years ago. Her son was apart of our very first Jr High youth group. She was our biggest fan, supporter, and encourager.

She bought us supplies (pens, notepads, notebooks, highlighters, a shelving unit...tons of things to use)  just because she believed in those kids and loved us all.

My favorite memory of her, one I will hold close to my heart forever, is when I lost Hope my heart was broken.

We wanted a baby more than anything, and my worst fear was happening.

I was sent to a new OBGYN office, and for reasons I cannot remember, I went alone.

It was scary, and I was full of anxiety.

Then someone came over and patted my shoulder, and I seen the most beautiful smile. It was V.

She sat beside me and talked me through my symptoms.

She sympathized with me and held my hand.

Just being present, even though I'm sure she had plenty to do (she worked at this office)

I will never forget her kindness, her really showing what love is.

V, walked me to my examination room. And before I left she gave me one of her great hugs.

After that she checked in on me...When I lost Little Bit, she checked on me. Making sure I was taking care of myself.

sigh.

That is who she was, a wonderful woman. Who loved with her whole heart. Someone who had a servants heart.

Her birthday just passed, and how I miss her smile. Her sweet southern accent.
Great big hugs!

I will miss you my friend. Thank you V for being there with me. I hope you knew how much I valued your friendship.


Comments

  1. She is definitely missed by many people. She was a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her so much so beautiful and sweet an encouager. she was a beautiful soul and I will see her agin one day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

We are having a...