Passion

I turned 32.

As I do every year I look forward to my birthday. And I ponder.

I think about my life the past year and if I have changed. Am I going into the new year different than the last?

Have you noticed that I have an analytical mind? (smile)

As I have gotten older, one question in particular has gotten louder in my head...

Am I making a difference?

If you hang around here you know Jesus is my number one passion.

Followed by my husband and sweet little boy.

But I am more than just a wife or a mother.

I have to check in with myself every now and then to make sure that I'm being Mindful and doing what God has called me to do as my own person.

Part of my calling is to be a wife, and a mother, but it is also a call to be in the ministry and to grow the kingdom of God.

I want to make a difference. I want to have the kind of Legacy that when people look back on my life after I'm gone that they think "wow, God really showed in her life"

Like my great-grandmother, anytime anyone talks about her they talk about the woman of God that she was. The prayers that she got through.

The Miracles she seen. The family members that came to Christ through her.

But not one time was it about her, she didn't want credit and she didn't want to be anything big or extravagant. But she wanted to love like God, she wanted those around her to know the God that she knew.

And I want that.

To be known not as the person who did nothing, who was rude most the time, who is angry, addicted, unhappy, sad, stuck in a cycle of chaos...

No. I want God to receive glory through my life.

To show him...not me.

Less of me more of Christ.



To love like he did, to pass on the Love and passion I have for Christ.

That is what I'm pondering on this year. 

I pray that this next year I'm stronger and more passionate about God. That I can love more and being an even better ambassador for Christ! 

**On a side note this year's birthday goes down as my favorite. My husband and my best friend surprised me so many times! I loved it! I'm blessed!**

Xoxo,
LaLa




Comments

  1. Beautifully written. Your well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be remembered as the grams that invented grandma jokes. And the stories that I tell of someone I knew that drove with their arm out the window or I might ber remembered as a absent minded movie title mixer messer-upper. LOL! But oh if I could only be as half as Godly as my mother was! I love God but fall short everyday of giving it my all. You are much like my mother, Lauren. We all love the Lord but with the desire you have to please Him shines through your very being!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

We are having a...

My lips are sealed

Liebster Award