Unstoppable

Last night our church watched the movie Unstoppable. It is a movie by Kirk Cameron.

Going into the movie I was not sure what it was going to look like. I had watched an interview with Kirk Cameron and he spoke a little about what the movie was about.

Watch the preview and then I'll add my two cents :)



I remember the first Christian based film I seen with Kirk Cameron. It was the first Left Behind movie. I was 15 and and this movie made an impact on me. Ever since I've casually followed Kirk Cameron's ministry.

When I first learned about Unstoppable I was intrigued. After watching the interview and the preview I wanted to see it! But I had a problem, the closest theater showing the movie was already sold out. Of course this is not a bad thing but a great thing that so many went out to support this film.

So when my church (by popular demand) decided to show the movie and I was excited.

It was produced in a much different way in my head. I was not expecting such a great (but heavy) depiction of some of the stories in the Bible. But the way they filmed the scenes were beautiful in my opinion.

Kirk talks through the film and discusses a few stories in the Bible. I do not want to give away what he says because I want you to watch it but I want to let you know what impacted me.

The films purpose was to try and answer an age old question: Why does God let bad things happen to good people?

I can honestly say there has been several times I have asked the question myself. And have felt God gave me understanding and people in my life have given me their thoughts.

Really, I do not think that we will know the answer to all because we are not God. When God let us have free reign and walk on this earth with no sin, no worries we could not handle it (Garden of Eden).

So many times mankind has turned their back on God and tried to outdo him. Every time mankind falls. Then every time God comes and picks up the pieces.

This movie really does a great job at finding this in the stories he shares.

There were a couple things that I really thought were neat: When Adam was created he was commanded by God to take care of the Garden and protect it.
Genesis 2:15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.
To keep it... Kirk points out that Adam failed at his job. He was supposed to be watching over the garden and his wife. Adam was there with her. He did nothing to stop the what happened.

How many times have I failed in doing what God has commanded? Sometimes  in the most simplest ways...

God ask us in the New Testament in Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
 Two  main goals in my life should be these that you just read.

We question God, WHY?? But how many times do we act in disobedience or never consult God in the first place. Some times I think bad things happen because humans fail. We do bad things. We sin. And there are worldly consequences.

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Another point of why bad things happen is there is a purpose! If you read throughout the bible, if you think about your own life... When pain happened something came from it. There is purpose. The movie addresses this well so I won't go too much into it.

Do I have the answers? Nope. But I just wanted to get you thinking and maybe more aware of our quickness to always blame or question God when we do not like where we are.

As always if you would like to email me (auntlala25 at gmail) feel free or comment below. I would love hear your thoughts!  I'm also on Facebook and twitter :)

With that have a happy Thursday!

Love 
Aunt LaLa

Comments

  1. Movies that will give enlightenment and wisdom are really great. Such programs should be shown to the people rather than non-sense ones.

    Military spouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be. Made you stop and think for sure! Also reminded me of a book my son had years ago by Rev Robert Shuler. Good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very thought provoking movie. You did a great job at explaining without going into to much detail. I feel we could all benefit from watching unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...