I need this

Hi!

It has been a minute since I have written. 

I think about who and where I was when I started writing in the blog on a consistent basis in 2011. That is almost ten years! 

A decade full of happiness and sorrows. Ups and downs. Mountains and Valley's. 

There is so much that is going on around us in our world right now. 

Fear. Anger. Sickness. Change. 

I want this to be an encouraging place. 

I will tell you why... Because I am about Jesus. Only Jesus. 

I want people to see him in me. 

"I want so of much him in me, that there is no room for me in me"

So.. I am going to start writing about the miracles I have seen. The things I have seen with my own eyes that God has done. 

Because... 

In Philippians 4:8 it says...
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I need this too.. I need to focus on who God is. 

Here is the first story...(I will not include names or my relation to the people in these stories to protect their privacy. But these are stories that I have personally seen and know)

So, Ethan has been asking over the last year to share with him miracles. 

What is a miracle? 
  1. ::a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency::

We know a man who had his first drink as a young preteen. His father would take him to bars as a child. He was abusive and was not a good man. This man grew up drinking. It only became more, and he unfortunately started behave in a poor way. He was an alcoholic.

He married.

This man found Jesus. And God blessed he and his wife with a little baby that they had prayed for and waited for, for over 10yrs.

But addiction had taken over once more. 

When his son was between the ages of 6 and 7 he was diagnosed with a nervous system disorder. His son would have physical ticks that made him look as if he was having a seizure. 

Now, when his son turned 10, the little boys condition worsened. And his wife was taking their son to doctor after doctor. Trying medicines to try and alleviate some of the symptoms. 

Money was scarce.

Around his sons 10th birthday, this man did not want to live this way anymore. He didn't want to miss anymore of his son's life. He didn't want to fight anymore with his wife. God was tugging at his heart. 

One night, he came home and told his wife that he was ready to stop drinking. And cried out to God to help him. 

After days of detoxing, he miraculously survived without medical help, and now almost 30 years he has never put a drink to his mouth again. 

That's a testimony. That's a miracle. Now this man has a family that he adores and adores him. He loves Jesus. He and his wife have been married for over 50 years...

God is there... Just waiting for us to come to him. We walk away from him. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 



Talk to you soon!
LaLa


Comments

  1. We all have miracles in our lives thank God! So glad your sharing the testimony that builds faith! Welcome back! Keep em coming! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...