Propaganda

Eh Hem.

**LaLa pulls out her soap box**



I have only hinted at my political views on maybe one or two post in the last 6 years of blogging.

But, I'm concerned.

Really concerned.

I have opinions, actually I have alot to say about the current events in our country.

On our president.
On abortion.
On illegal immigrants
On all sorts of things.

My family would agree.

As I have grown to an adult, my opinions have changed and went back and forth.

Here is the thing...

My heart is grieved at the attitudes of people around me.

The narrowed views. On EVERYSIDE.

This is to the Christians. The people who are to be loving, accepting, and bold for Christ.

I have been so disappointed in the last few years at the attitudes of my fellow soldiers of Christ.

Mine included.

My heart has been convicted.

Where does it end?

Jesus gave us our mission in the book of Matthew - called the GREAT COMMISSION

Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.  Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18‭-‬20 NLT


He gave us clear instructions throughout the new testament. 

What are our rants, videos, post, conversations? 

"8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things" Philippians 4:8


Are they pleasing God?

Yes, God has something to say about what comes out of our mouths as well. 

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29

Oh Lord, have mercy on us... how many opportunities are we missing because we are so wrapped in our own political agenda? 
Our own personal persecution?
Our stand on (fill in blank) cause?

I am not sticking my head in the sand. I am not ignorant to the issues. I am not saying it is wrong to be passionate about these things. 

I am questioning what are people remembering first about us? 

My political view? My fight against racism? My fight against pro-choice/pro-life?

Or do they remember JESUS

Because, we are supposed to be an ambassador for Christ FIRST

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31

Is this scripture true to your life? 

We are in the day where we mostly communicate online.

Facebook. Instagram. Twitter. 

PEOPLE are reading and watching what you are putting on your social media

Are you leading them to Christ and to think on him? 

We are in a dark world desperately filling their void with everything but Jesus... 

and here we are with the ultimate gift to bring them eternal peace... 


I do not want to stand before God and account for anyone that I may have influenced in a negative way. 

Are you truly fighting hard to be who Christ wants us to be? To show Christ LOVE?

Do you not realize that the enemy loves for us to take our focus OFF of our TRUE mission....LEADING PEOPLE TO CHRIST 

It should infuriate us that he is blinding God's people with all the ridiculousness in the world. And separating us from each other

I am not republican. I am not democrat. I am not liberal. 

I am a follower of Christ. That will be first and foremost. 

Am I representing Christ? Is God pleased with me? 

Seriously, readers, my heart has been so heavy about this. And I am hesitant to share. But 
I have been convicted. I have to obey God, even if it is unpopular. 

There are serious issues in our world. I get that. But none of it can change without a move from God. 

Let's start making our focus on God. 

Everything else will follow. 

ox, 
LaLa


Comments

  1. I do believe you are a preacher! lol Good writing when it comes from the heart! Keep it burning babe! You are so right! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing blog love! Please get that soapbox out more often!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...