Necessary End

In a post I mentioned that J and I had resigned as Jr High Youth leaders.

It was not a quick decision. We have loved serving as Jr High Youth Leaders, and have watched several groups move on and now are in college.

We started the Jr High group in August of 2010. I have to admit that first group holds a special place in our hearts.

About a year and half ago J and I both felt God pushing us to something else. We did not feel it was right to leave the Jr High yet, but we felt there was a change coming.

Last year we started helping teach the Sr High and Jr High together.

It was a great learning experience.

And we LOVE our kids at HCF. (Our church)

Then a few months ago, we started feel that pull again, except this time we felt free to resign.

We had not talked with anyone else except for our close friends to help us pray.

Now, we felt released but had no where to go really... there are several areas that we volunteer anyway. But for our main ministry outlet we did know where God was taking us.

During this summer we had several older teens and early twenties in our group that we moderated for a series we did on Wednesday nights.

And we felt drawn to the older group. However, we knew were not called to work with the Sr High.

I applaud youth ministers! I watched my parents work in that ministry and it is a tough ministry. You have to have a love/passion/calling to really do that ministry justice.

The teens of our world deserve/need that kind of heart! I pray for you youth ministers!

J and I scheduled a meeting with our Associate Pastor. She heard us out and agreed it was time to move on.

We addressed that we did not know where God was taking us, but we are willing to listen, seek, and wait. (more)

But, you see God already goes before us. He already has a plan, a plan that is perfect for YOUR life...if you want it.

J and I know from experience his ways are much better than ours.

God had placed in her spirit that we really needed a College and Career ministry.

HCF has never had one and she felt like J and I would be great at it.

As she is explaining the vision for this ministry... J and I looked at eachother... and we knew!

YES! That is it!

We are so excited to watch God move and I feel like he has already.

In my heart I have always had a special place for this group. When I started college, I felt so baffled and alone. It is hard navigating life.

Like I've told our group many times, your twenties is the decade of LEARNING...

You learn to adult. And it is tough.

So even though we will miss our role with the Jr High kiddos... they are in GREAT hands! Their new leaders are amazing young ladies.

So pray for us. Pray for all that volunteer in ministry. There is a cost.

The enemy is not a fan of you promoting the kingdom.

God is faithful and has great things in store!

All my love, 

LaLa


Comments

  1. I love the way you and Josh follow God's lead. He is faithful always! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when God's plans are revealed. What an amazing ministry opportunity! I agree it is a much needed area. Eddie and I really missed out on a young 20s adult class when we first got married, and I know it would have been a big help to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I agree, Josh and I did not have that either. God is always up to something. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

We are having a...