Reprieve

Happy Friday!!

For the last 21 days I've been apart of a fast... 

What is a fast? 

Glad you asked...

To me personally it means to set aside something that I enjoy. A sacrifice. In place of this thing replace it with prayer and time with God. 

I feel it is like an extra "umph" to my prayers and petition with God. Like shooting a flare gun to Heaven...

I am not a scholar and that my friend is the best I way I can explain it in layman's terms.

It's not something to treat lightly...Or to get attention ( Jesus teaches against that in Matthew 6:5) 

It's a personal thing between you and God. 

At the first of every year of church does this fast together. And we see God move in such a mighty way.

He honors our sacrifices. 

But it's been painful too... At least for me. 

As I replaced my idol time with time in the Bible and praying there were things in my spirit that were not pleasing to God. Certain things that had to be dealt with

In John 3:30 it says "more of him less of me"

That can hurt. I'm not done by any means... There are several things I'm working through. 

It has been so refreshing. Not dealing with the pettiness and self absorbed world of social media. 

Let's just say it was perfect timing with the transition of Presidents...

I want more sustenance in my life... And be present for my family. 

If you want to know more about fasting this was an interesting post:

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/fasting-for-beginners


Here are some scripture reading:
1 Corinthians 7:5
Acts 14:23
Esther 4:16
Luke 2:37
Psalm 69:10
Luke 4 (Jesus fasting)

Just a tip read these scriptures in context... Read the before and after. 

If you have questions or want to know more feel free to contact me

If I can help pray for anything I'm here

Xoxo
LALA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...