Thoughts on what it means to be a Wife

Becoming a mom has only showed me more the role in a woman's life. Ladies we have a big job. A big job. Yes, dads-husbands-men have major roles too, but as I get older I see more and more how the mom-wife-woman are the glue.  This post is really written to the wives... just some thoughts

When I was younger when someone  mentioned the traditional role of a wife I would cringe. Me? "Submit" to a man? I had a very narrow view of what a traditional life was. As a modern woman that is independent and was raised to know my own mind, not only know and respect myself but that it was okay to voice it.

Then I got married. As the years have passed I've learned that my role as a wife, now a mother is SO much more than I could see through my "Ms. Independent" eyes.

And the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper meet for him." (Genesis 2:18)

… man was not created for the sake of the woman, but woman for the sake of the man; (1 Corinthians 11:9)

I had a trying time as a single woman looking at these scriptures. 
NO man was going to be over me!

In all honesty the main problem is that is hit a nerve. I felt like every teacher that talked about this and even God was saying I was not as important. 

But you see that is not God's meaning at all... 

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, (Ephesians 5:25)

Then I let these above scriptures sink in...

Genesis tells me that I was created to be a help mate. God was entrusting me to work with him to help my husband. 

1 Corinthians tells me that I was made for his (my husbands) sake. I was created because God knew how important I would be to my husband. God knew that as a wife my calling , my purpose is to help my mate, for HIS sake I was made. 

Then once my husband has me as his wife he supposed to love and cherish me as Christ loved the church... wow. Look at all Christ did/does for us. 


That is a pretty important role if you ask me. God never once asked me to give up my wants or dreams, he never says I'm less than... Woman was made from Adams side. To stand beside, lean on each other.

Ladies I know we get overwhelmed a frustrated... but we got this. We are the glue in the family. But what an honor to be the one who loves, helps, guides our families.  

Then I became a mother.... that post is for another day

Love 
Aunt LaLa

**I know that some marriages do operate in a healthy manner and not every marriage apply biblical principals. Some spouses are the only Christian in the home... I know there are so many different scenarios that could be going on. My heart hurts for you. I'm praying for these marriages. As always I'm here if I can pray with you about anything.**

Comments

  1. I agree. I always felt like I was the glue to my family. We are to support our husbands and family. Together lean on God and pray for each other. Your a good wife! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

We are having a...