I was in AWE

I am so overcome with emotion! Like that bubbly feeling you feel and your just not sure what to do with your self?

Through much prayer I accepted a role at my local church as the Children's Pastor.

I’ve always loved children, and am looking forward to all that God is going to do through our ministry team!

One of the main and most important job is teach these children about JESUS.

Jesus died for you and for me. So that we may receive forgiveness of our sin through Jesus Christ, so that we can spend eternity with God.

We are about Jesus and God’s truth in our house.

E has asked many questions and we have many discussions about Jesus.

I was teaching a couple weeks ago (July 10, 2019), and it E was the only one in my class at the time.

We started talking about how God can change a situation that does not look that great, if we allow the Holy Spirit to help us to see things differently.

I told him that Jesus saved us from our sins so that we could go to Heaven.

This was our conversation:

Me: You know the reason that Jesus died for us
E: to save us
Me: that is right. To save us from our sin. So that we can have forgiveness and go to Heaven.
E: Yep, I know dat
Me: Do you know how to get saved?
E: (shakes his head no)
Me: Well we have to ask Jesus to live in our hearts and ask for forgiveness. And try our very best to live the way God tells us to in the Bible
E: I want to pray for that. I can do that when we get home.
Me: We can do it right now? We can pray anytime. Do you want me to pray with you?
E: No, I can do it by myself, I know how.

He immediately folded his cute little four year old hands and said…

“God, Jesus, come into my heart and help me do good things. Amen”

It was not long, it was not full of big words. It was a simple, childs prayer. One he meant with his whole heart.

As I sat there I remembered when I accepted Christ. I was a child. I have served a God in a committed relationship since I was three years old.

I used to think my testimony was not enough. I do not have a story of rebellion, or a dramatic story of coming to Jesus.

It was a choice I made as a young child, with a faith that has stayed with me.

Through my faith and commitment to God I stayed true to my morals, my standards, and was able to stand on what God tells us in his word.

As I got older I realized I had my own testimony. The one God had for me. His plan was designed just for me.

Just like with my son.

His testimony started as he was formed in my womb. A living breathing miracle.

Now that miracle has decided to follow Jesus at four years old. And I was honored to be there for that moment.

God is so good to me. He is faithful. True. Never failing.

My sweet, tender warmhearted, independent, strong willed, talkative, affectionate, goofy little four old boy (almost five) loves Jesus. And decided to follow God.

That makes this momma’s heart bubble over with joy!

You can do the same? There is no peace and joy that you find that can measure against it! Everything in this world is fleating, it will all fade away.

But God. But our savior… they are eternal.

He LOVES you.

So do I, as always, if you need me email me or follow my page on Facebook and message me there.



Comments

  1. That was awesome, love him so much ♥️♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited to see your work in ministry grow and flourish! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blogger friends! I will always try my best to reply to each one! Thanks for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...