Is Jesus impressed with me?

The title of this I'm sure might raise some eye brows. But let me explain. "Sitting at his feet" this morning, the Lord showed me a story I've heard before. I felt led to read Luke 7:11. So I did.. This is what it says
 8For I also am a man [daily] subject to authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my bond servant, Do this, and he does it.
So, obviously I was puzzled. Lord, are you telling me I will become rich and have servants? (Just kidding).. So I pondered on it a minute. I then decided to review the popular story of the centurion's servant who was sick. 
In Luke 7:1-10 it talks about the centurion's story...
1AFTER JESUS had finished all that He had to say in the hearing of the people [on the mountain], He entered Capernaum.
    2Now a centurion had a bond servant who was held in honor and highly valued by him, who was sick and at the point of death.
    3And when the centurion heard of Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to Him, requesting Him to come and make his bond servant well.
    4And when they reached Jesus, they begged Him earnestly, saying, He is worthy that You should do this for him,
    5For he loves our nation and he built us our synagogue [at his own expense].
    6And Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent [some] friends to Him, saying, Lord, do not trouble [Yourself], for I am not [a]sufficiently worthy to have You come under my roof;
    7Neither did I consider myself worthy to come to You. But [just] speak a word, and my servant boy will be healed.
    8For I also am a man [daily] subject to authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my bond servant, Do this, and he does it.
    9Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and He turned and said to the crowd that followed Him, I tell you, not even in [all] Israel have I found such great faith [as this].
    10And when the messengers who had been sent returned to the house, they found the bond servant [b]who had been ill quite well again.

Now that you have read let me continue explaining the title of this blog..First off everything is to his glory not mine..
After reading this story over and over (yeah over and over), I'm asking God what are you showing me Lord? Why am I not getting this? The Lord reminded me of something that our associate Pastor , Sharon, said Sunday morning...God wants us to be still (Psalms 46:10)
So I.. Shut up... *smile*
The Lord showed me V9...
    9Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and He turned and said to the crowd that followed Him, I tell you, not even in [all] Israel have I found such great faith [as this].
JESUS WAS MARVELED!
...Now lets look at how Marveled is defined... 
marveled: Be filled with wonder or astonishment: 
astonished is defined as: Surprise or impress (someone) greatly
JESUS was impressed with centurion's faith. Centurion (The commander of a century in the ancient Roman army) understood power because who he was, which is where V8 came in... *LIGHTBULB*  Now I understand... 
Centurion could relate to someone of power, but made it clear that his power and position was nothing compared to Jesus (verse 6)... He knew that that all Jesus had to do was say one word and the servant would be healed, there was no need to even be with the sick servant. 
So my question to myself was, Is Jesus impressed with me? Or am I just living this Christian life mediocre. Is my faith big or small... Do I need the Lord to plant a flashy sign in my face, have some message in the clouds before I TRUST him and have FAITH in what I have asked, and trust that what he does in my life works toward the glory of him? 
I'm a work in progress, but I believe my lesson from this story to me personally is I hear God saying...
I GOT THIS! 
SO NOW I ASK YOU DO YOU FEEL JESUS IS IMPRESSED WITH YOU?
Its definitely something that made me think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...