The Trenches

Look at this beautiful face. She is a miracle. This is the only time you will find her still- while she is asleep. 

And she is a handful. Smile. 

She is full of spunk and energy, she is so smart. She has has been going to sleep with this cute ABC book pop-up book.

These past few weeks, her and I have been battling. She is headed toward the three year old mark, and frankly I feel like on some days she could be THE poster child for a text book "Threenager"

When I say there has been more than one moment I've been brought to tears, I am being honest. 

In fact just last week I sent Josh a text from the living room while he works in our bedroom... (while Esther was screaming like a wounded animal) 

"She has defeated me" with a cute little white flag. Made a funny post about it on Facebook. 

But in all honestly, I thought.... "Lord, help me. What am I going to do?"

I remember going through a tough time with Ethan, but he was much different. Things that have always worked with him have failed me with her. 

So here we are four months after beginning to write this, and we made it! 

I don't know why I paused on this post and didn't finish, it's probably because someone could not find that thing on the counter, or socks. Socks are always going missing when you have kids. 

After starting on this post, I read a book. I know it was divine intervention. 

Parents, I was feeling discouraged. And I was pouring my heart out to God. I had heard a sermon/teaching on motherhood, and the person was saying that we are more than just babysitters. We are ministers in our home. We are to cultivate the gifts and personalities that God has given our children. 

I felt convicted. I was losing focus, and my temper. 

I was asking God to help me. J and I's goal as parents is to parent intentionally. What worked for generation in the past, does not work anymore. Our children need to be equipped to fight the enemy, and to have the tools to not only be a healthy adult...but to KNOW who God is. 

To know how to pray. 
To know how to worship.

That is my calling as a mother. These babies are a wonderful gift from the Lord. 

I read THIS book, well I listened. It is short and was such an encouragement. Highly recommend it. 

Momma, Aunt, Grandma, anyone who has kids of any age...

I know the days are hard. 
Sometimes it feeling like no one sees the work your doing. 
It can be lonely. 
Overwhelming
Daunting
There are days that you feel like a flop or failure

We have to remember even though the Lord delights in us and gives us joy. Loves us. Our main goal is about eternity. We are raising men and women of God. What we do, say, act like will impact their little minds. 

Yes, this is a BIG job. But guess what? The creator of the universe has entrusted YOU to cultivate LIFE into your children. NO MATTER THEIR AGE. 

To those who have influence over children in your life... WATCH YOUR WORDS. They are watching you. The enviroment around a child/teen effects them. 

Be ENCOURAGED! God sees you!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year ago today my life changed

My lips are sealed

Never dreamed...